Campaign Objectives and/or Opportunities
As a result of raising these dollars and completing these projects the following objectives will have been achieved:
The aging friars will have their futures secured so they can both live and die with dignity
- An increased number of pilgrims will receive the traditional Franciscan hospitality
- Migrant women will now be able to enjoy the shelter and safety of Posada Guadalupe
- Twice the number of students will be able to enjoy learning and living in the San Damiano Friary in San Antonio, Texas.
- The Mount Saint Francis campus upgrades will provide more people with a comfortable environment to enjoy the spiritual benefits of retreats and other ministries located here
- Mount Saint Francis will acquire urgently needed increased revenue streams as a result of campus enhancements
“For it is in giving that we receive.”
$1,000,000 San Damiano Friary Updates (Immediate Needs)
$1,000,000 Mount Saint Francis Updates/Greening the Mount (Immediate Needs)
These updates will allow:
- Expansion of the San Damiano House of Formation in San Antonio to become a place
of intercultural formation, introducing younger brothers from outside the United States
to Franciscan global brotherhood.
- Updates to our facility including Fr Franciscan Earth Care Initiative, Mary Anderson Center
for the Arts expansion, and handicap accessible private bathrooms.
Ongoing Operational Costs
$7,500,000 Five years of annual costs (Immediate Needs)
- Vocations, formation, senior friar’s care, capital improvements, other costs of annual operations
Southwestern Outreach/Global Brotherhood
$3,150,000 El Paso Outreach, student internships, International Student Friar Fund (Immediate Needs)
- Food and shelter for new immigrants, social services to legitimate asylum seekers.
- University student internships in partnership with our friars in various ministries.
- Formation for students from poorer provinces to receive formation training in an intercultural school.