Lent is a season where we prepare for the mysteries of Easter. We do this through fasting, prayer and the giving of alms. Fasting can remind us of the need to depend on God, as well as connect us to those who daily go without these basic necessities. Giving our time, treasure and talent to someone–especially the poor–expands our world to all God’s people and helps us better love God and others. Spending extra time in prayer draws us ever deeper into our life with God.
Lenten Days of Prayer, Silent Retreats, Stations of the Cross and More
Holy Cross Retreat Center, Mesilla Park, NM
- March 27, from 10am until 4pm – Lenten Day of Prayer – Time for quiet and prayer, the day will include opening prayer, presentation, quiet time, lunch, time for confession, and Eucharist.
- April 5-7 – “Creation, Come Praise!” Spring in the Desert Retreat
- April 19-20 – Good Friday and Holy Saturday Retreat – an opportunity to focus on Holy Week
Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center, Prior Lake, Minnesota
- March 21 & 28, and April 4 (Each day will go from 9:30am to Mass at 1:45pm) – Lenten Days of Prayer – These days of prayer will use the Blessed Virgin Mary as their focus. On March 21: The Annunciation and The Visitation; March 28: The Wedding at Cana; April 4: At the Foot of the Cross.
- April 12-14 – Women’s Silent Palm Sunday Retreat
- April 18-20 – Men’s Holy Week Retreat
Mount St. Francis Center for Spirituality, Mt. St. Francis, Indiana
- Mondays at the Mount – Scripture Study – offered at 10:30am and again at 7pm
- March 23 – Lenten Day of Reflection – Time to reflect on uniting our own suffering with that of Jesus in the garden. Fr. Vince Petersen OFM Conv. and Judy Ribar, Associate Director, will reflect on suffering of the mind and body. The day will end with an opportunity for Reconciliation and a healing Mass.
The Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation, Carey, Ohio
- Fridays throughout Lent – Fish Fry (4:30pm to 7pm); Stations of the Cross at 7pm
- April 19 – Good Friday Musical Reflection at Noon
- April 19 – Stations of the Cross in Shrine Park at 3pm