In the spring of 1917, the Sisters of St. Francis in Tiffin, Ohio agreed to build and staff a Pilgrim House at the Church of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio. The Sisters managed the Pilgrim House into the 1990s. The Pilgrim House and Retreat Ministry are now integrated into the overall pastoral ministry of the Shrine overseen by the Friars. Br. Randy Kin, OFM Conv., is the current Director of Retreat Ministry at the Shrine.
On June 24, 2017, at the 5:30 p.m. Mass, we will celebrate 100 years of retreats and pilgrims at the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation. Please join us for this 100th Anniversary Mass as we celebrate the good work begun by the Sisters that continues today!