Holy Cross Retreat Center in Mesilla Park, New Mexico, is offering four retreats during Lent:
- Franciscan Spirituality of Creation – March 3 to 5 – reflections on the Canticle of Creatures by St. Francis, some selections from “Laudato, Si!” by Pope Francis, and time to experience the beauty of creation at the Retreat Center.
- Contemplative Retreat – March 17 to 19 – opportunities to experience different forms of prayer, including the Rosary Walk and the labyrinth.
- Mary as a Model of Prayer – March 31 to April 2 – focuses on how we can draw on the spirituality and witness of Mary in our own life today?
- Retreat on the Triduum – April 14 to 15 – understanding the services on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil so that we can celebrate them fully.
Call 575 524-3688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Franciscan Retreats and Spirituality Center in Prior Lake, Minnesota, is offering four Lenten Days of Prayer. Each runs from 9:30 a.m. to about 3:00 p.m.
- Forgiveness: The Essence of the Gospel – March 9 – presented by Br. Bob Roddy, OFM Conv.
- When Forgiveness Seems Impossible – March 16 – presented by Debbie Koop
- Forgiveness of Self – March 23 – presented by Kathy Berken
- Forgiveness and Healing – March 30 – presented by Cindy Geiger
Pre-registration is not required by would be appreciated. Call 952 447-2182 to register.
The Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio, will hold the 7th Annual Ecumenical Choir Concert on Good Friday an Noon.
(Also, the Shrine Cafeteria will once again be offering an all you can eat Lenten Seafood Buffet every Friday from March 3 thru April 4 from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m.)
YAFraM is offering a retreat for young adults (ages 24 to 35) at Mount St. Francis, Indiana. The Glow in the Dark Retreat will provide lots of opportunities to escape the pressures of school and work. The weekend will be about disconnecting from the grid and connecting with your peers and God. For more information click here.
Br. Bob Baxter is leading three retreats at Mount St. Francis.
Living What We Pray – a women’s get-away weekend- March 31 to April 1
The Chasm Between Faith and Life – a one day retreat on April 4
Lenten Weekend – Living the Way of the Cross – April 7 to 9
For more information on these, please visit mountsaintfrancis.org.